Counting My Blessings
There is a song in White Christmas, my favorite Christmas film of all time, called "Counting my Blessings". Tonight since I lie awake I have decided to count my blessings instead of sheep.
1. I am blessed with a beautiful family. As with all southern families what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
2. This afternoon my cousins and I played dress up, as I spun around in my grandmothers wedding dress from the 1950's I am grateful for the woman she was and that I was able to know her.
3. It is true that what we desire cannot be wrapped up and placed under a tree, I found it in every hug shared with aunts and uncles.
4. The gifts that mean the most come from the heart. My aunt made necklaces for all the women from my grandmothers necklaces. In a way Grandma is still with us.
5. Although my brother and I are in our 20's, wearing pajamas and fighting over the chocolate oranges never gets old. He is my favorite present and he is the present that keeps on giving.
Merry Christmas to All and to All a good night!